In this article, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of Polygel, and help distinguish the differences between each one. Because let’s face it, sometimes you can feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to getting your nails done, with the beauty therapist shouting all kinds of words at you when you’ve got no idea what they mean.
What Is Polygel?
Polygel nails are a newcomer to the beauty industry, with many people questioning what makes them so different to the previous two options. Polygel is essentially the lovechild of acrylic and gel, combining both their good qualities but leaving out all the bad stuff (if only you could do that with men, eh.)
Polygel can be applied as an overlay on your natural nails, or as a nail enhancement. It is still cured under a UV light, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails. It also has a much lighter fragrance, which is great for people that like the look of acrylics but can’t stand the smell! In terms of removing Polygel nails, the polish is buffed off rather than soaked off. However, the remaining polish can be soaked after if needed. Polygel is available in a range of colours, but gel polish can also be applied over the top if you fancy something different.
Credits to Entity for simplifying the foundation and benefits of a Polygel supply.
What Are Polygel Benefits
- The pro-hybrid gel that conquers the complexities of hard gel and acrylics in a simple, premixed tube.
- LED/UV formula perfect for overlays and extensions, with an uncomplicated application.
- Doesn’t sacrifice on strength or stability, and no monomer odour or excess dust.
- A unique formula that stays in place, and moves when you need it moved.
- Self-levelling properties that assist effortless application.
What Are Polygel Features
- Be completely in control with this self-levelling system.
- Made for professionals, perfected for beginners.
- Combined benefits of hard gel and acrylic.
- Lightweight formula that is strong.
What Does Polygel Do?
- Dispensing and application are made easy with direct application to the nail from the tube.
- Simply squeeze a small amount on the nail and use the Control Solution to move.
- Light self-levelling properties, Control Gel assists in effortless application.
- Moves and cures on command, so you can play and move.
- Complete with Intense Seal and cure for advised time.
How To Make A Perfect Polygel Application
We believe every nail professional should be able to expand their Polygel services and catering to all clients and nail preferences while growing the salon’s business. Follow these steps in the exact order for outstanding Polygel results on nails.
- The liquid used to sculpt PolyGel is called Slip — the name was inspired by the slip potters use when working with clay. Slip is not a monomer; it has no active ingredients, and unlike acrylic monomer, it has a light, pleasant fragrance. It’s simply used to make the PolyGel easy to shape.
- Unlike hard gel, PolyGel is not self-levelling, but stays where you place it; unlike acrylic, it doesn’t harden until it’s cured in an LED or UV lamp.
- Cure time is about 30 seconds in an LED lamp or two minutes in a UV lamp. PolyGel nails do not experience heat spikes during curing. There is no tacky layer after curing.
- PolyGel is more flexible than acrylic, stronger than hard gel, and lighter than both, according to Gelish.
- The product can be applied as an overlay over natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculpted over a form.
- It’s available in six colours: bright white, natural clear, soft white, soft pink, dark pink, and cover pink.
- Gel-polish colours can be applied over the product, and Gelish can be mixed with PolyGel to create a design.
- Natural nail prep is the same as prep for gel. Nail techs can use an e-file or a hand file to shape the product.
- The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs can soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
- PolyGel nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.
Polygel Fall-Off Troubleshooting
Polygel isn’t supposed to fall off it’s actually not supposed to come off without filing it off. The main reasons it could be coming off because not proper prep. If they are popping from the back then it’s probably improper prep or application, if it’s from the free edge might be your nails are just a little too soft.
Comment below if you have any specific questions regarding Golygel.
World’s Top Polygel Manufacturer Brands
The most popular Polygel sold in the beauty wholesale market are Gelish, IBD and Entity. Check below the most recent kits in Canada.
Control Gel is a pro-hybrid that combines the advantages of hard gels and acrylics into four quick-and-easy steps that give you complete control over the application process.
Give your clients a natural-looking extended set using #ibdcontrolgel. Watch the entire tutorial on @ibdbeauty’s IGTV. Control Gel is available at Nails R Us the beauty warehouse distributor in Toronto.
Calling all professional nail technicians! This Gelish PolyGel Enhancement French Kit is the latest and greatest nail enhancement trend that will knock the socks.
STUDIO ONE’S™, monomer-free PolyGel® formula* fuses strong acrylic and hard gel polymers with soft polymers for easy, intuitive application. STUDIO ONE™ will redefine how you do enhancements.
Useful Polygel Resources
Find out what are the main differences between Polygel and Acrylics and find more extensive information about Polygel for nail technicians
OPI will partner with Sanrio this holiday season to celebrate their most iconic little girl, Hello Kitty’s 45th anniversary in late 2019. This collection is sure to be on everyone’s Holiday must-have list. In addition to the new limited edition shades, we will be bringing back ‘Let’s Be Friends!’, for a total of 15 shades. All the more reason everyone is invited to this fabulous birthday party! The original Hello Kitty Collection for OPI launched 3 years ago. The popularity of the collection created so much buzz that markets requested it for a holiday collection.
About the old OPI Hello Kitty
The OPI Hello Kitty 2016 Collection landed on my desk late last week and since then, I haven’t stopped smiling. She’s so cute. She’s so perfect. You want to see it. I know you do. Get yourself a cuppa and let’s scroll through swatches. After the swatches, how about some stick pics? Yeah, you know you love those!
OPI Hello Kitty 2016 is stuffed with crèmes, pinks and shimmery things. It’s also stuffed with divine formulas and that pro-wide brush that I love. Pretty much everything is two simple coats and I’ve eschewed top coat so you can see exactly what’s in the bottles. It’s all so good. When OPI gets it right, boy howdy do they get it right!
The OPI Pro Wide Brush is flat, wide and medium in length. It’s of average stiffness and easily spreads out on the nail when pressed. The only downside to the Pro Wide brush is that it can be too wide for slim fingers or little toes.
Wide range of finishes and pigment levels
- OPI 5 Apples Tall is a bright red creme. It leans a little warm, but I would consider it a pretty true red. The formula has a good, thin flow with decent pigmentation. I was able to see a bit of my free edge through the second coat, so I used three thin coats, but those with a heavier hand may get away with less.
- OPI Charmmy & Sugar is a lavender-laced pink pearlescent shimmer mixed with small multi-coloured hex glitter. The metallic nature of the shimmer base allows the sheer formula to provide decent coverage. I used three coats here, and you can still see my tips on camera, but in person, it’s not as noticeable. The foil- quality makes it pretty reflective. As you can see below, it’s a bit of a chameleon in that the pink shimmer hides indirect light. You see it more at an angle. Also, it’s unique to my collection, with China Glaze Prism and Full Spectrum being the only thing even remotely similar, and they don’t have the same smooth glitter finish.
- OPI Kitty White is a semi-sheer shimmer with the same iridescent quality as Charmmy & Sugar. In the swatch picture, you can’t really see that there are tiny pink and blue specks floating in the sea of icy white. I used three coats here, so pigmentation is lacking. Because the formula is so thin and smooth, I would consider this a layering colour. OPI Girls Love Diamonds is Kitty White’s closest cousin with Diamonds being more pigmented. I would opt for GLD if you want full coverage, Kitty White if you want to layer.
- OPI Let’s Be Friends is a milky, cool baby pink creme. It’s thick with pigment, but I could tell on the first coat that it’s a bit streaky, so I floated a generous bead of polish over the nail to avoid streaks. In spite of that, I still needed three coats to get full coverage. Though with three coats it looks kind of thick on the nail. It looks like a neutral on its own, but next to Zoya Dot and Essie Romper Room you can see how pink it actually is.
- OPI Look at My Bow! is a cool, bubblegum pink. It’s bright, but not neon and the formula is lusciously creamy. It’s a little less pigmented than I would like, so I used three coats here. Milani Color Statement Doll Face is just as saturated, but a little warmer.
- OPI My Pal Joey is a true, primary blue creme. It’s really well-crafted. The formula is silky smooth and pigmented. It’s a joy to apply, delivering full coverage in two thin coats. What I love most is that it’s like NOTHING else in my stash. Zoya Sia is darker, JINsoon Cool Blue is more cobalt and intense. It’s a blue unicorn!
- OPI My Twin Mimmy is a taxi-cab yellow creme. Like most yellows, it is plagued by formula issues. It’s streaky, thick with pigment and lumpy. I used three coats here and it’s still not great, but four coats would have taken forever to dry. Deborah Lippmann Walking on Sunshine and Zoya Darcy are both pretty close to Mimmy, enough that you only need one of the three.
- OPI Never Have Too Many Friends! is a jet black creme. It’s really saturated with pigment, barely needing two coats. In a world where a lot of blacks are sheer on the first coat, this one stands out. That’s what sets it apart from OPI Black Onyx, better coverage.
- OPI Small+Cute=♥ is a rosy pink creme. It falls between Let’s Be Friends and Look at My Bow!in tone, but is definitely on the warm side though I wouldn’t call it peachy. Just more of a soft blush. I had some issues with streaking due to the thicker feel. That meant I needed three coats for full coverage. In comparison, Nubar Cover Girl is more subdued while JINsoon Dolly Pink is cooler.
- OPI Spoken from the Heart is a raspberry creme. Like My Pal Joey, the formula is flawless. Thin, pigmented and so smooth. Two coats = perfection. Because it’s such a warm shade, it doesn’t have any colour twins in my collection. OPI described it as a coral, but I’m not seeing that. Essie Peach Daiquiri is the closest I could find, but Spoken from the Heart is much much better. I’m kind of regretting not using this at my last pedicure. I think it will make anyone look more than if you like that kind of thing (my pasty self does!).
- OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel is a smooth fuchsia glitter mix. It’s a fine full-coverage glitter that looks like crushed gems. I only needed two coats and was happy to find that it doesn’t eat top coat. All of my pink glitters are either too warm or too light, so I’m showing shimmers next to it simply for colour reference. I’d say the colour is a blend of CND Sultry Sunset and Marc Jacobs Oui.
- OPI Super Cute in Pink is a Barney purple creme in that it leans pink. Some might call it pink on its own, but next to all the other colours it really screams purple. Like the other darker cremes in this collection, the formula has great flow and delivers on coverage, becoming opaque with two coats. While I don’t have an exact match for this one, I feel like there are a lot of close calls for this shade. Formula X Gemini isn’t far off, just more pink.
- OPI Say Hello Kitty is a special-edition colour that is only sold as part of a kit with Swarovski crystal bow accents. It is a hot magenta flecked shimmer. The bottle shows that some of the particles have a golden tint, but it doesn’t really show up on the nail, except to add a hint of warmth. The formula has a squishy texture that requires a thinner application to avoid lumps or pulling the polish at the tips. It’s a bit on the sheer side, to suspend the shimmer, so I used three coats. Compared to OPI Ladies & Magenta-men, Say Hello Kitty is more sparkly and lighter.
OPI Hello Kitty was a total surprise for me. Being a sucker for sparkle and collector packaging, Say Hello Kitty is a winner. And the uniqueness of Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel and Spoken from the Heart with their top-notch formulas make them stand-outs. My Pal Joey is a no-brainer. It just makes me happy, to apply and wear. Charmmy & Sugar is intriguing, but a bit too cloying for me. It feels well-suited to a younger audience. Now that we know a new collection coming up in late 2019, what do you expect? Comment below 🙂
All You Need To Know About OPI Tokyo Collection
Why choose OPI Tokyo Collection? Because you want the inside scoop on the hottest new nail polish trends.
OPI Tokyo brings so much life to this nail polish collection. From the eclectic fashion, vibrant nightlife and world-renowned cuisine to the rich traditions including matcha tea ceremonies and zen gardens.
On the front line of beauty is this vibrant city where being kawaii (cute) is almost a legal requirement. They are so obsessed that every year, you’ll find nail enthusiasts at the Tokyo Nail Forum, a two-day convention where pro’s show off the newest trends and techniques. On a recent visit to the city that inspired our late Spring 19 collection, we curated edit of the patterns to bring to your salon this year.
3 Dimensional Nail Art
Adorning fingertips with standout 3D art is nothing new for Tokyo, with chains, threads, beads, feathers, flowers, and even tassels spotted hanging off nails. Ideal for the client who isn’t afraid to stand out, traditionally in Tokyo locals have adorned all five nails, but recently they’ve cut it down to two or three. If full-on 3D is too much, tiny embellishments, typically in shades of gold, are a hallmark of Japanese nail design.
It’s all in Nail Colour Details
Think of those cartoon inspired nails you loved as a teenager, and then bring the grown-up version in your salon. Intricate and cool, illustrative motifs are the perfect way to brighten up winter days with flowers, foliage, houndstooth, and anime characters favorite in Tokyo. Insider tip – before attending anime conventions, Japanese superfans often get their hero’s embellished onto their nails before the meet and greets to stand out.
OPI Let you “Think Pink” this time
If your client wants to go full “kawaii”’ then pastel shades are the way forward. From bright fuchsias to orangey corals, and flamingo pinks, a recurring trend in Tokyo is to combine pink shades to create a subtle yet stated look. We recommend trying Ombre styles or colour blocking pink shades, and for clients who want to go more, OTT adds delicate diamante.
Welcome to Tokyo.
Make Mine a Masterpiece
Tokyo nail salons do take art to the next level, with nail professionals hand drawing iconic art onto tips. From Van Gogh’s sunflowers to Andy Warhol’s pop art, these intricate designs bring nails to life allowing your clients to show off their artistic side.
OPI GelColor is ideal for clients looking for a quick service that offers performance with up to 3 weeks of shine-intense wear and stay-true colour. OPI’s professional gel polish system is designed to be cured with the OPI Dual Cure Light and fully cures of foundation to finish in 4 minutes per set. Choose from 140+ shades or find your favourite OPI Lacquer shade matched in GelColor.
Tokyo Collection Features 12 New Permanent Shades Available In:
- Infinite Shine
- Nail Lacquer
Rice Rice Baby Another Ramen-tic Evening Arigato From Tokyo
Back to Basics
If your client is into subtle nail art, don’t panic. Styles are trending again toward simpler designs with easier maintenance in Japan. We’re seeing clients showing a preference to short and simple using three nail colours.
The Colours In This Collection Are:
- Rice Rice Baby
- Another Ramen-tic Evening
- Arigato From Tokyo
- Hurry-juku Get This Color
- All Your Dreams in Vending Machines
- Samurai Breaks a Nail
- How Does Your Zen Garden Grow?
- I’m on a Sushi Roll
- Suzi-san Climbs Fuji-san
- Tempura-ture is Rising!
- Kanpai OPI!
- Chopstix and Stones
We hope you and your clients feel extra ‘kawaii’. Use this guide to give your clients nail art that will immediately make them #OPIObsessed. Don’t forget to tag the incredible nail art you made with #OPITokyo on our OPI social channels. Watch OPI Tokyo Demo Video
It’s inevitable – life gets busy, and taking time for yourself can often get pushed to the bottom our “to-do” lists. Self-care is a crucial component in one’s day-to-day activities. A moment of self-care makes all the difference in the daily responsibilities we often get caught up in. Nails R Us Beauty Supply, ensures your “self-care” service moments are exceptional. Specializing in all areas of the beauty supply industry, and offering the latest and most affordable products on the market to the GTA’s top salon and spas, are only two sectors in which make them our key to business success and optimal self-care.
How Nails R Us became Toronto’s top-choice nail supply provider
Nails R Us is a Canadian one-stop beauty supply shop fulfilling all the needs for aesthetic services salon owners and alternate industry professionals. With over hundreds of brands available online and in store, Nails R Us, makes it easier for these owners and industry professionals to service their clients with the most remarkable products. The offered products are endless, ranging from nail polish/dipping powder to salon equipment and spa essentials. This beauty supplier does exceed industry expectations. There is no doubt that your venture will stand out amongst others in comparison.
The Company’s Core Competencies
Manager Joey Pham, is an active member for the company and ensures the needs of all his clients are met to the best of his ability. Orders, products, consistency and the most important exceptional customer service are Pham’s highlight areas in business. The rest of the team follows – all Nails R Us employees are educated on the brands and products sold within the store and pride themselves on dedicating their attention to their clients when acquiring help. With multiple years in the industry in Canada, it is hard to top the expertise of the Nails R Us team.
The company goes beyond the beauty supply industry, Nails R Us has made it their mission to aid in establishing business’s and maintain cohesive careers within the industry. Nails R Us, has a furniture department in which they carry all the essential salon and spa related furniture items. The company has included all areas of the salon, not just your industry pieces. Need a reception desk suited perfect organize client folders, a cashier and inventory lists? Nails R Us has you covered. With an array of options, clients will feel the offerings were custom to their needs.
Beyond products and sales
A salon that orders from Nails R Us, is a salon with guaranteed incomparable beauty and body care moments for their clients. Nails R Us is not just a wholesaler for your beauty industry venture, it is here to benefit your business for the public. With self-care trending towards the end of 2018, this includes improving your education and expertise. Nails R Us is here to make this achievable, with their education program, the company offers certified nail education programs, workshops for advancement and product training, in different sectors of the beauty industry. Nails R Us also grants their clients the opportunity to participate in new product demo day’s where they are trained on how to use the new products available to them. Lastly, Nails R Us, offers equipment repair and furniture installation to aid in your business advancement.
Quality Customer Value And Support
With the beauty industry on the rise, Nails R Us, provides remarkable product promotions throughout the year. Becoming a member, is only one perk to the endless incentives available to their clients. The company ensures their brands are fully stocked and orders are not only efficiently delivered within a week, however, low pricing is an important aspect in ensuring their clients are receiving the most elite industry products for less. Whether you’re interested in Nails R Us for products, furniture, business essentials or a career advancement, the opportunities as a member are infinite. Be a part of the “self-care” revolution, be a part of Nails R Us.
Visit the links at the bottom nailsrus.ca to learn more about the brands and services they offer.
Chisel Nail art is a creative way to paint, decorate, enhance, and uniquely embellish the nails. For many people in Canada, there is nothing feels better than having their nail art service done to perfection.
All you need to know about Chisel Nail Art
Small embellishments on nails go a long way in showing your true beliefs and interests to people around you. Being a nail artist, I have to use several nail art products, and from my experience, I have gathered that the Chisel nail art products are the best ones! Let’s have a look at Chisel nail art products to see what the hype around this brand is all about.
About Chisel brand
Chisel nail art is a 3D nail art with little stamps of various colours and designs to adorn your nails, and they are easy to put on your nails and even more comfortable to take care of. They are 100% safe for use and do not harm your nails in any way. These products come with ten stamps in each package and have neat and pretty designs.
What are Chisel products, and how to use them?
Chisel products are the coolest and most well thought out for nail art as they come in a variety of sizes and styles. Let’s have a look at some of the most useful chisel products.
- Chisel Dipping System
- Chisel Liquid
- Chisel Dip Powder
- Chisel Dip Powder Candy
- Chisel Dip Powder Glitter
- Chisel Dip Powder Glow
- Chisel Dip Powder Metallic
- Chisel Dip Powder Ombre
- Chisel Dip Powder Solid
- 3D stamping
Dipping powder is a beautiful acrylic free base for nail art as it promotes green and clean earth. They come in matte, glossy and glittery forms and you can choose one that your clients like.
You can apply one with chisel glue and chisel brush on your client’s nails or have the nails dipped directly into powder. This will help your clients retain their nail job for a longer time by preventing chipping off. You can use even glow in the dark dipping powder, and your clients will love it just as my clients do.
Chisel liquids like bonders and activators are the best way to help the dipping powder stick to your nails for a better base. They not only smoothen the surface of your nails but also improve your nails stay safe from any harmful agents in nail art products by coating them evenly.
To apply chisel liquid, you need to clean the nails of your client with wipes and then put the chisel brush in chisel liquid container. Most chisel liquids come with their brushes attached to the lid with a wand. They make its application even more accessible and takes lesser time.
3D stamps come in different styles, shapes, and colours. It really depends on your clients’ nail design requirement put the stamps that they love on their nails. Just make sure that they are high quality and pretty. You can put them on by just peeling them off the plastic sheets and using the back of a chisel brush to ensure a firmer grip.
How to apply a 3D stamp to nail art
- Chisel Nail Art – 3D Nail Stamps are the newest trend in today’s nail art industry.
- Each package includes ten unique stamps that cut beautiful designs into uncured coloured dipping powder.
- Use Chisel Nail Art Stamps with Beyond Colour Dipping Powder to create bright and colourful stamped nail designs.
- First, apply dipping base coat to nail bed to give the dipping powder a strong foundation.
- Then, apply dipping powder using a manicure brush or by dipping fingers directly into the powder.
- Next, use a Chisel Nail Art Stamp to cut 3D designs into the uncured dipping powder.
- Then, use the top coat to give the colour dipping powder and beautiful and shiny finish.
- Last, apply activator to cure dipping powder and top coat.
Chisel Nail Art Edger helps nail artists create great designs with perfect edges. In other words, Edgers help artists define a shape of nail art for their clients and then make all the fillings. The most like edgers are oval shaped, twisted and heart shaped ones. Most edger includes 7 sizes to provide precise designing.
How to use Chisel Edgers to get a specific nail art shape
- Apply tips and blended well.
- Apply white acrylic over the entire nail bed.
- Use the Door edgers to cut through acrylics and scrape towards you.
- Apply red acrylic to cover the empty space on the tip of the nail.
- Buff and file the nail even.
- Apply top coat or gel coat for high shine.
Why is Chisel a hot trend for nail salons in Canada?
Chisel is the hottest trend in nail salons right now because it is safe and relaxed. There are so many options in it, which you can find the best nail art to every single customer’s liking. For me, Chisel is like the best choice for every nail art design.
Above picture shows a watermelon nail art design can be accomplished using Chisel application.
The fastest way to get Chisel products in Canada
Are you looking for Chisel supplies for your nail salon? You can place an order online at Nails R Us Nail Supply Store to get the highest quality and impressive chisel nail art! They have a professional reputation in the market. They provide high-quality nail supply and other beauty products that match your demands. For me, I always look for value and quality. Nails R Us is the top supplier for Chisel nail art products for your nails.
Learn more about Chisel, and how to apply the product
If you need more information and instructions regarding Chisel, here are some references that you can use to learn more.