Esthetique Spa International (ESI) produces the premier spa and esthetic events in North America. The event involves a wide variety of spa industries demonstrating their latest discoveries and inventions in the field of cosmetics. The event is attended by all top cosmetic and spa industry professionals from all corners of the world. The event also provides an immense opportunity to network and expand businesses worldwide and compete with topmost cosmetic industrialists. This event shows products like wedding cosmetics, makeup, free goody bag & much more etc. in the ayurvedic & herbal, cosmetics and beauty products industries.
ESI Trade Show Details
The fair will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Canada. The address is 255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6. Find more information about the Venue Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC).
Date & Timings
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Apr 28) (Business)
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Apr 29) (Business)
- Visitor Ticket Price 45 CAD (Business Online Registration)
Category & Type
- Beauty Trade Show
- Wellness, Health & Fitness Trade Show
ESI Exhibitors List (60 of them are Canadian companies)
- Active Crystal Inc.
- Aesthetic Products
- Aesthetician Supply Ltd.
- ALEXANDRIA PROFESSIONAL LLC
- Alma Lasers
- Amrak Healthcare Inc.
- AncaS Esthetics
- AurielS Touch
- B&N Luxury Skincare
- Beauty Breeze Inc.
- Beauty D.Ca
- Belsana InterL Cosmetics Ltd
- Bio Seaweed Gel Limited
- Bliss Organics
- Butterfly Lash Solutions LLC
- Carolyn Design Uniformes
- Chic & Savvy
- Clarion Medical Technologies Inc
- CLAYTON SHAGAL
- CLE Leasing Enterprise Ltd
- CONTINENTAL COSMETICS & HERBALS CO.
- Cowan Insurance Group
- Cynosure Inc.
- Dannyco Trading () Ltd.
- Dermaspark Products Inc
- Distribution Kathleen
- Dormauri Inc.
- Edva Spa Products
- Fake Bake
- Fernanda’s Beauty & Spa Products
- Fion Beauty Supplies Inc
- Greenlife Inc.
- Hilda Demirjian Laser And Spa Llc
- InSPAration Management
- Inter Cosmetics
- International Beauty Depot
- International Beauty Institute
- KvG Group Inc / Footlogix
- Laboratoires Reynard Inc
- Lash Forever
- Lcn (Eastern Esthetics)
- Les Produits De Sant? Audessa
- Levon Uniform & Textile
- Lightzone Ltd
- Linkas Inc.
- Lycon Inc.
- Medispa Holdings Inc
- Nails R Us
In this article, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of Polygel, and help distinguish the differences between each one. Because let’s face it, sometimes you can feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to getting your nails done, with the beauty therapist shouting all kinds of words at you when you’ve got no idea what they mean.
What Is Polygel?
Polygel nails are a newcomer to the beauty industry, with many people questioning what makes them so different to the previous two options. Polygel is essentially the lovechild of acrylic and gel, combining both their good qualities but leaving out all the bad stuff (if only you could do that with men, eh.)
Polygel can be applied as an overlay on your natural nails, or as a nail enhancement. It is still cured under a UV light, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails. It also has a much lighter fragrance, which is great for people that like the look of acrylics but can’t stand the smell! In terms of removing Polygel nails, the polish is buffed off rather than soaked off. However, the remaining polish can be soaked after if needed. Polygel is available in a range of colours, but gel polish can also be applied over the top if you fancy something different.
Credits to Entity for simplifying the foundation and benefits of a Polygel supply.
What Are Polygel Benefits
- The pro-hybrid gel that conquers the complexities of hard gel and acrylics in a simple, premixed tube.
- LED/UV formula perfect for overlays and extensions, with an uncomplicated application.
- Doesn’t sacrifice on strength or stability, and no monomer odour or excess dust.
- A unique formula that stays in place, and moves when you need it moved.
- Self-levelling properties that assist effortless application.
What Are Polygel Features
- Be completely in control with this self-levelling system.
- Made for professionals, perfected for beginners.
- Combined benefits of hard gel and acrylic.
- Lightweight formula that is strong.
What Does Polygel Do?
- Dispensing and application are made easy with direct application to the nail from the tube.
- Simply squeeze a small amount on the nail and use the Control Solution to move.
- Light self-levelling properties, Control Gel assists in effortless application.
- Moves and cures on command, so you can play and move.
- Complete with Intense Seal and cure for advised time.
How To Make A Perfect Polygel Application
We believe every nail professional should be able to expand their Polygel services and catering to all clients and nail preferences while growing the salon’s business. Follow these steps in the exact order for outstanding Polygel results on nails.
- The liquid used to sculpt PolyGel is called Slip — the name was inspired by the slip potters use when working with clay. Slip is not a monomer; it has no active ingredients, and unlike acrylic monomer, it has a light, pleasant fragrance. It’s simply used to make the PolyGel easy to shape.
- Unlike hard gel, PolyGel is not self-levelling, but stays where you place it; unlike acrylic, it doesn’t harden until it’s cured in an LED or UV lamp.
- Cure time is about 30 seconds in an LED lamp or two minutes in a UV lamp. PolyGel nails do not experience heat spikes during curing. There is no tacky layer after curing.
- PolyGel is more flexible than acrylic, stronger than hard gel, and lighter than both, according to Gelish.
- The product can be applied as an overlay over natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculpted over a form.
- It’s available in six colours: bright white, natural clear, soft white, soft pink, dark pink, and cover pink.
- Gel-polish colours can be applied over the product, and Gelish can be mixed with PolyGel to create a design.
- Natural nail prep is the same as prep for gel. Nail techs can use an e-file or a hand file to shape the product.
- The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs can soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
- PolyGel nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.
Polygel Fall-Off Troubleshooting
Polygel isn’t supposed to fall off it’s actually not supposed to come off without filing it off. The main reasons it could be coming off because not proper prep. If they are popping from the back then it’s probably improper prep or application, if it’s from the free edge might be your nails are just a little too soft.
Comment below if you have any specific questions regarding Golygel.
World’s Top Polygel Manufacturer Brands
The most popular Polygel sold in the beauty wholesale market are Gelish, IBD and Entity. Check below the most recent kits in Canada.
Control Gel is a pro-hybrid that combines the advantages of hard gels and acrylics into four quick-and-easy steps that give you complete control over the application process.
Give your clients a natural-looking extended set using #ibdcontrolgel. Watch the entire tutorial on @ibdbeauty’s IGTV. Control Gel is available at Nails R Us the beauty warehouse distributor in Toronto.
Calling all professional nail technicians! This Gelish PolyGel Enhancement French Kit is the latest and greatest nail enhancement trend that will knock the socks.
STUDIO ONE’S™, monomer-free PolyGel® formula* fuses strong acrylic and hard gel polymers with soft polymers for easy, intuitive application. STUDIO ONE™ will redefine how you do enhancements.
Useful Polygel Resources
Find out what are the main differences between Polygel and Acrylics and find more extensive information about Polygel for nail technicians
OPI will partner with Sanrio this holiday season to celebrate their most iconic little girl, Hello Kitty’s 45th anniversary in late 2019. This collection is sure to be on everyone’s Holiday must-have list. In addition to the new limited edition shades, we will be bringing back ‘Let’s Be Friends!’, for a total of 15 shades. All the more reason everyone is invited to this fabulous birthday party! The original Hello Kitty Collection for OPI launched 3 years ago. The popularity of the collection created so much buzz that markets requested it for a holiday collection.
About the old OPI Hello Kitty
The OPI Hello Kitty 2016 Collection landed on my desk late last week and since then, I haven’t stopped smiling. She’s so cute. She’s so perfect. You want to see it. I know you do. Get yourself a cuppa and let’s scroll through swatches. After the swatches, how about some stick pics? Yeah, you know you love those!
OPI Hello Kitty 2016 is stuffed with crèmes, pinks and shimmery things. It’s also stuffed with divine formulas and that pro-wide brush that I love. Pretty much everything is two simple coats and I’ve eschewed top coat so you can see exactly what’s in the bottles. It’s all so good. When OPI gets it right, boy howdy do they get it right!
The OPI Pro Wide Brush is flat, wide and medium in length. It’s of average stiffness and easily spreads out on the nail when pressed. The only downside to the Pro Wide brush is that it can be too wide for slim fingers or little toes.
Wide range of finishes and pigment levels
- OPI 5 Apples Tall is a bright red creme. It leans a little warm, but I would consider it a pretty true red. The formula has a good, thin flow with decent pigmentation. I was able to see a bit of my free edge through the second coat, so I used three thin coats, but those with a heavier hand may get away with less.
- OPI Charmmy & Sugar is a lavender-laced pink pearlescent shimmer mixed with small multi-coloured hex glitter. The metallic nature of the shimmer base allows the sheer formula to provide decent coverage. I used three coats here, and you can still see my tips on camera, but in person, it’s not as noticeable. The foil- quality makes it pretty reflective. As you can see below, it’s a bit of a chameleon in that the pink shimmer hides indirect light. You see it more at an angle. Also, it’s unique to my collection, with China Glaze Prism and Full Spectrum being the only thing even remotely similar, and they don’t have the same smooth glitter finish.
- OPI Kitty White is a semi-sheer shimmer with the same iridescent quality as Charmmy & Sugar. In the swatch picture, you can’t really see that there are tiny pink and blue specks floating in the sea of icy white. I used three coats here, so pigmentation is lacking. Because the formula is so thin and smooth, I would consider this a layering colour. OPI Girls Love Diamonds is Kitty White’s closest cousin with Diamonds being more pigmented. I would opt for GLD if you want full coverage, Kitty White if you want to layer.
- OPI Let’s Be Friends is a milky, cool baby pink creme. It’s thick with pigment, but I could tell on the first coat that it’s a bit streaky, so I floated a generous bead of polish over the nail to avoid streaks. In spite of that, I still needed three coats to get full coverage. Though with three coats it looks kind of thick on the nail. It looks like a neutral on its own, but next to Zoya Dot and Essie Romper Room you can see how pink it actually is.
- OPI Look at My Bow! is a cool, bubblegum pink. It’s bright, but not neon and the formula is lusciously creamy. It’s a little less pigmented than I would like, so I used three coats here. Milani Color Statement Doll Face is just as saturated, but a little warmer.
- OPI My Pal Joey is a true, primary blue creme. It’s really well-crafted. The formula is silky smooth and pigmented. It’s a joy to apply, delivering full coverage in two thin coats. What I love most is that it’s like NOTHING else in my stash. Zoya Sia is darker, JINsoon Cool Blue is more cobalt and intense. It’s a blue unicorn!
- OPI My Twin Mimmy is a taxi-cab yellow creme. Like most yellows, it is plagued by formula issues. It’s streaky, thick with pigment and lumpy. I used three coats here and it’s still not great, but four coats would have taken forever to dry. Deborah Lippmann Walking on Sunshine and Zoya Darcy are both pretty close to Mimmy, enough that you only need one of the three.
- OPI Never Have Too Many Friends! is a jet black creme. It’s really saturated with pigment, barely needing two coats. In a world where a lot of blacks are sheer on the first coat, this one stands out. That’s what sets it apart from OPI Black Onyx, better coverage.
- OPI Small+Cute=♥ is a rosy pink creme. It falls between Let’s Be Friends and Look at My Bow!in tone, but is definitely on the warm side though I wouldn’t call it peachy. Just more of a soft blush. I had some issues with streaking due to the thicker feel. That meant I needed three coats for full coverage. In comparison, Nubar Cover Girl is more subdued while JINsoon Dolly Pink is cooler.
- OPI Spoken from the Heart is a raspberry creme. Like My Pal Joey, the formula is flawless. Thin, pigmented and so smooth. Two coats = perfection. Because it’s such a warm shade, it doesn’t have any colour twins in my collection. OPI described it as a coral, but I’m not seeing that. Essie Peach Daiquiri is the closest I could find, but Spoken from the Heart is much much better. I’m kind of regretting not using this at my last pedicure. I think it will make anyone look more than if you like that kind of thing (my pasty self does!).
- OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel is a smooth fuchsia glitter mix. It’s a fine full-coverage glitter that looks like crushed gems. I only needed two coats and was happy to find that it doesn’t eat top coat. All of my pink glitters are either too warm or too light, so I’m showing shimmers next to it simply for colour reference. I’d say the colour is a blend of CND Sultry Sunset and Marc Jacobs Oui.
- OPI Super Cute in Pink is a Barney purple creme in that it leans pink. Some might call it pink on its own, but next to all the other colours it really screams purple. Like the other darker cremes in this collection, the formula has great flow and delivers on coverage, becoming opaque with two coats. While I don’t have an exact match for this one, I feel like there are a lot of close calls for this shade. Formula X Gemini isn’t far off, just more pink.
- OPI Say Hello Kitty is a special-edition colour that is only sold as part of a kit with Swarovski crystal bow accents. It is a hot magenta flecked shimmer. The bottle shows that some of the particles have a golden tint, but it doesn’t really show up on the nail, except to add a hint of warmth. The formula has a squishy texture that requires a thinner application to avoid lumps or pulling the polish at the tips. It’s a bit on the sheer side, to suspend the shimmer, so I used three coats. Compared to OPI Ladies & Magenta-men, Say Hello Kitty is more sparkly and lighter.
OPI Hello Kitty was a total surprise for me. Being a sucker for sparkle and collector packaging, Say Hello Kitty is a winner. And the uniqueness of Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel and Spoken from the Heart with their top-notch formulas make them stand-outs. My Pal Joey is a no-brainer. It just makes me happy, to apply and wear. Charmmy & Sugar is intriguing, but a bit too cloying for me. It feels well-suited to a younger audience. Now that we know a new collection coming up in late 2019, what do you expect? Comment below 🙂
With exceptional formulas, fashionable colours, and iconic names, OPI’s heavily pigmented lacquers are super-rich, long lasting and chip resistant – offering affordable and high end supply to consumers. The OPI brand has always been a synonym to good nail polishes. Their recent launches have bought out some even more amazing products. From spas to toolkits for nail technicians, OPI is the brand you can put your trust in.
Click here to view all products from OPI
The OPI spa line is iconic and probably the first ever professional salon skincare. It’s unique because it’s the only manicure and pedicure system that takes notes from advanced facial skincare. The OPI ProSpa line was developed with a dermatologist and therefore is extremely efficient and reliable. It will leave your clients with transformed hands and feet as well as expectations. The key ingredients Cupuacu butter and white tea tree extract are the best antioxidants that go you with unparalleled moisture.
OPI Manicure & Pedicure
Explore the entire collection of nail colours from OPI from red nails, white nails, glitter nails, nude nails and more we have every colour you could wish. Find your favourite OPI nail polish colours at Nails R Us Wholesale Beauty Supply. OPI nail polish is available in Lacquer, Gel and Hybrid Gel Effect (Infinite Shine).
OPI Nail Lacquer
OPI nail polishes are a must at every salon. When they first came out of its fantastic range of colours floored people. Even today OPI not only has a wide range of colours but also dries fast. The second coat can be applied within a minute or two. It dries super fast and has extended wear. Meaning, it lasts longer. It’s a value for money, with the bottle being a good 15ml. OPI also has a broader brush which is generally appreciated and preferred by nail technicians for a more even and smoother finish. OPI Nail Lacquer provides exceptional formula, fashionable colours and iconic shade names. OPI’s heavily-pigmented lacquers are super rich, long-lasting, and chip-resistant – offering affordable luxury to consumers.
- Heavy pigmented lacquers allow exceptional coverage on nails
- Features fashionable colours and iconic, humorous names
- Long lasting wear and shine up to 7 days
- Focus on safety and innovation
Find latest colours from OPI Nail Polish
Latest nail polish collection OPI Tokyo Collection
In my opinion OPI has great colours and stays on a long time using “Start to Finish” Base and top coat. I have been on a lot of high power medication to treat psoriasis, severe osteoarthritis and psoriatic arthritis, COPD, and digestive tract issues. Both treatment and psoriasis affect my skin and nails. OPI stays the best. My favourite shade is Kyoto Pearl.
OPI Infinite Shine (Long Wear Polish)
The OPI infinite shine formula is unique and unusual and just as its name suggests. With a life of 11 days, this formula doesn’t chip easily. It has an extended stay as well. There is around 150 fun, bright and funky shades to choose from in this line. The infinitive shine is a range of formulas that are long lasting a bright and shiny with a vast array of colours. It dries to the touch in around 8 minutes but second, and thrust coats can be applied within a couple of minutes. The infinite shine is a crazy favourite during summers.
Find latest colours from OPI Infinite Shine (Long Wear Polish)
Latest Infinite Shine Collection Opi Fan Favorite
OPI gel colour is for the lovers of gloss. Much glossier than any other nail polish out there these formulas have a charm of their own. It’s a thin brush in a method that lasts up to three weeks. The gel colour range matches almost all colours of the existing Infinite shine and Nail Lacquer line on OPI. They are odour free and LED cured systems making them a genuinely revolutionary addition to the nail industry. They come in thick sculpting gels, soft soak-able gels, and soak-able gel colour polishes. They are high gloss, feel weightless, and the application is pure perfection. Honestly, your clients will keep coming back for this one.
OPI Dipping Powder
You love it, we’re obsessed. Introducing Powder Perfection – acrylic nails reinvented with a faster, easier and odour free formula with gel-like shine. Now available in 100 iconic OPI shades. With gel-like shine and durable wear for 14+ days, Powder Perfection uses a unique technology designed for protection. A great alternative to traditional acrylics with no light curing, this chip-resistant powder gives a protective overlay on the natural nail with perfect colour. The ideal solution for those with weak nails, this magic powder is super easy to soak off and remove.
OPI Powder Perfection – Acrylic Services Reinvented. Faster, Easier & Odor-Free, OPI’s dipping powders are a quick applying, the acrylic alternative that promotes a clean-air environment while offering gel-like shine & weeks of wear without the need to light cure.
2+ weeks of wear
This super powder gives a protective overlay over nails to ensure long-lasting wear for 14+ days.
It’s raining nail shades! With 51 new shades of nail colour there are now 100 shades of Powder Perfection available.
Dip Into Durability
Get the most out of your mani. Dip into chip free, vibrant colour that lasts until you take it off.
Learn more and shop the latest colours from OPI Dipping System
OPI nail tools are a must in every nail technician’s toolkit. They are very durable, made with stainless steel and coated with hard titanium. This makes them long lasting, and useful tools are always necessary to make your job easier. The AccuNip plus, PediPusher, tooling wallet and pusherPlus are honestly game-changing tools that are easy to work with. They have not only professional salon tools but also files and brushes which are of just as excellent quality. The manicure and pedicure tools ensure that your client’s experience is exceptional and their nails flawless.