Polygel, maybe you’ve heard about it but let’s face it, sometimes you feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to learning about advanced nail product that requires experience and nail technics. Beside the nail instructer talking all kinds of words when you’ve got no idea what they mean. In this article, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of Polygel, and help recognize the differences between each one.
What Is Polygel?
Polygel nails are a newcomer to the beauty industry, with many people questioning what makes them so different to the previous two options. Polygel is essentially the lovechild of acrylic and gel, combining both their good qualities but leaving out all the bad stuff (if only you could do that with men, eh.)
Polygel can be applied as an overlay on your natural nails, or as a nail enhancement. It is still cured under a UV light, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails. It also has a much lighter fragrance, which is great for people that like the look of acrylics but can’t stand the smell! In terms of removing Polygel nails, the polish is buffed off rather than soaked off. However, the remaining polish can be soaked after if needed. Polygel is available in a range of colours, but gel polish can also be applied over the top if you fancy something different.
Credits to Entity for simplifying the foundation and benefits of a Polygel supply.
What Are Polygel Benefits
- The pro-hybrid gel that conquers the complexities of hard gel and acrylics in a simple, premixed tube.
- LED/UV formula perfect for overlays and extensions, with an uncomplicated application.
- Doesn’t sacrifice on strength or stability, and no monomer odour or excess dust.
- A unique formula that stays in place, and moves when you need it moved.
- Self-levelling properties that assist effortless application.
What Are Polygel Features
- Be completely in control with this self-levelling system.
- Made for professionals, perfected for beginners.
- Combined benefits of hard gel and acrylic.
- Lightweight formula that is strong.
What Does Polygel Do?
- Dispensing and application are made easy with direct application to the nail from the tube.
- Simply squeeze a small amount on the nail and use the Control Solution to move.
- Light self-levelling properties, Control Gel assists in an effortless application.
- Moves and cures on command, so you can play and move.
- Complete with Intense Seal and cure for advised time.
How To Make A Perfect Polygel Application
We believe every nail professional should be able to expand their Polygel services and catering to all clients and nail preferences while growing the salon’s business. Follow these steps in the exact order for outstanding Polygel results on nails.
- The liquid used to sculpt PolyGel is called Slip — the name was inspired by the slip potters use when working with clay. Slip is not a monomer; it has no active ingredients, and unlike acrylic monomer, it has a light, pleasant fragrance. It’s simply used to make the PolyGel easy to shape.
- Unlike hard gel, PolyGel is not self-levelling, but stays where you place it; unlike acrylic, it doesn’t harden until it’s cured in an LED or UV lamp.
- Cure time is about 30 seconds in an LED lamp or two minutes in a UV lamp. PolyGel nails do not experience heat spikes during curing. There is no tacky layer after curing.
- PolyGel is more flexible than acrylic, stronger than hard gel, and lighter than both, according to Gelish.
- The product can be applied as an overlay over natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculpted over a form.
- It’s available in six colours: bright white, natural clear, soft white, soft pink, dark pink, and cover pink.
- Gel-polish colours can be applied over the product, and Gelish can be mixed with PolyGel to create a design.
- Natural nail prep is the same as prep for gel. Nail techs can use an e-file or a hand file to shape the product.
- The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs can soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
- PolyGel nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.
Polygel Fall-Off Troubleshooting
Polygel isn’t supposed to fall off it’s actually not supposed to come off without filing it off. The main reasons it could be coming off because not proper prep. If they are popping from the back then it’s probably improper prep or application, if it’s from the free edge might be your nails are just a little too soft.
Comment below if you have any specific questions regarding Golygel.
World’s Top Polygel Manufacturer Brands
The most popular Polygel sold in the beauty wholesale market are Gelish, IBD and Entity. Check below the most recent kits in Canada.
Control Gel is a pro-hybrid that combines the advantages of hard gels and acrylics into four quick-and-easy steps that give you complete control over the application process.
Give your clients a natural-looking extended set using #ibdcontrolgel. Watch the entire tutorial on @ibdbeauty’s IGTV. Control Gel is available at Nails R Us the beauty warehouse distributor in Toronto.
Calling all professional nail technicians! This Gelish PolyGel Enhancement French Kit is the latest and greatest nail enhancement trend that will knock the socks.
STUDIO ONE’S™, monomer-free PolyGel® formula* fuses strong acrylic and hard gel polymers with soft polymers for easy, intuitive application. STUDIO ONE™ will redefine how you do enhancements.
Useful Polygel Resources
Still curious what are the main differences between Polygel and nail acrylics and find more extensive information about Polygel for nail technicians
My fingernails are naturally pretty strong and grow long, so I like to keep them polished and looking nice. Gel nail polish is one of the greatest inventions ever… no more chipping and peeling after just a couple of days. Gel polish typically lasts about 2 weeks, and it stays super shiny like it was just applied. It protects your nails and makes them stronger, preventing them from breaking or ripping. And one of the best advantages is that it dries instantly after curing in an LED or UV lamp, so you can immediately get back to work without having to worry about messing up your polish.
I was getting gel manicures at my local salon every couple of weeks, but it was an expensive habit to maintain. After watching the professionals at the salon do my nails so many times, I thought I would try to do it myself from home. I did some research on the different brands of gel polish and decided that Gelish was the best option for me. It was easily accessible on Amazon.com and cheaper than most of the alternatives. Gelish also has a pretty big selection of colours to choose from. I purchased all of the equipment that I needed to get started for about $150, which is the equivalent of about 4 manicures at the salon. Now I do my own gel manicures from home, as well as for a few family members and friends.
People always ask me;
- Are your nails real? – Yes
- Do you do them yourself? – Yes
- Is it hard to do? – No! It’s actually pretty easy.
Below is a step-by-step guide to applying Gelish nail polish.
- Trim and file the nails to the desired length and shape.
- Push the cuticles back with an orange stick or cuticle pusher.
- Lightly buff the surface of each nail with a block buffer.
- Cleanse the nails with Gelish Nail Cleanser and a lint-free wipe OR using sterile alcohol wipes. It’s important to ensure your nails are completely oil-free!
- Apply Gelish PH bond to your nails.
- Apply a coat of Gelish Foundation to each of your nails.
- Cure the Foundation gel in your LED or UV lamp (read more about lamps here).
- Optional: Apply Gelish Structure Gel and cure. (read more about Gelish Structure gel here)
- Apply the first coat of the Gelish colour polish of your choice.
- Cure the polish in your LED or UV lamp (read more about lamps here).
- Apply a second coat of Gelish colour polish.
- Cure the polish in your LED or UV lamp (read more about lamps here).
- Apply a thin coat of Gelish Top It Off to your nails.
- Cure the top coat in your LED or UV lamp (read more about lamps here).
- Wipe your nails off with the Gelish Nail Cleanser or sterile alcohol wipes. (This removes the tackiness).
A few tips:
- If you get polish on your cuticle or skin, remove it with a brush dipped in alcohol or nail cleanser BEFORE curing your nails under the light. If you allow the polish on your cuticles to harden it will likely cause the polish to peel or chip. Try to keep the polish on the surface of the nail only.
- If you mess up it’s super easy to fix as long as you do it before curing. Just wipe the layer of polish off with your nail cleanser or alcohol (use a lint-free pad or paper towel), then just re-apply the layer.
- Cure time: Typically gel polish cures with an LED lamp in just 30 seconds, or 2 minutes with a UV lamp. Read the label on your polish for curing times.
- You can repeat steps 11 and 12 to add additional layers of colour if you prefer. To spice things up, try adding a glitter topper like Vegas Nights.
Content retrieved from: http://www.chickettes.com/step-by-step-guide-to-applying-gelish-polish/.
Do you own a Salon in Montreal Quebec, and are in need of good nail supply services? Well, your search is over here. Your perfect option is undoubtedly the best choice you can make when it comes to excellent quality manicure products. With their wide range of products from top quality brands, you have no reason to look elsewhere! Find out more about the perfect store where you can find online to cater to all your cosmetic care and treatment needs. The best part being it’s an online presence, making it convenient for all.
Get Top Quality Nail Supply For Your Salon/SPA In Montreal
Imagen, a wholesale esthetic supplier for spas and salons with the best manicure polish brands and prices won’t be bet, that’s hard to achieve but still possible, right? If you are a spa or salon owner anywhere in the Municipality in Québec, or even an aspiring owner in the surrounding areas of Saint Lawrence River, Nails R Us is the place to be. Shop a wide variety of nail supply in Montreal, Canada. You can be confident that you are receiving the highest standards of services with any of their highly skilled employees. Besides, all the offered products are of the highest quality and designed to promote a healthy body and image.
Shop Nail Supply
Academie patricia l’écuyer is an alternative option if you’d like to shop in person, we don’t know much about because they don’t have a website, but we found this review on google:
(Translated by Google) I love to do my nails this place.L’ambiance is great and they always find a way to accommodate clients for disponibilités.Ca been years since I go and I was always satisfied.
(Original, French) J’adore faire faire mes ongles à cette place.L’ambiance est génial et ils trouvent toujours moyen d’ accommoder les clientes pour les disponibilités.Ca fait des années que j’y vais et j’ai toujours été satisfaite.
Everything Your Salon Customers Could Ask For
You should go on the website products page and have a look at their list of products for your Salon or professional career! You will be amazed by the prices they have on offer for the top class brands. Nails R Us is the online place having a collection every girl fantasizes about having! Since you own a Salon or plan on holding one, this is your pick! Get yourself the latest collection and please your customers.
Montreal Door-To-Door Nail Supply Delivery
There are no troubles with product deliveries either. Their policy is simple. You place and confirm an order with them, have your products shipped by them the very next day. No more extended periods of waiting in excitement for the shipment to arrive. Get the best in the fastest time especially they are fully stocked certified distributor for OPI GelColor and CND Shellac in Quebec, Montreal, Laval, Longueuil.
Keep in mind, the key is to have a strong partnership that is committed to excellence and strives to always provide professional, unmatched service, super fast delivery for every guest that orders nail/spa supplies from their online store.
Reaching Quebec’s Secret Beauty Market
Merely stick to who does things the best – selling beautiful nail designs and shaping those hands and feet. From a relaxing spa pedicure, complete with a cooling masque that will leave your legs feeling fresh and tingling for hours, to the ultra-relaxing massage chair that vibrates as you douse your feet into warm bubbles of sanitized water. One of their highlights is the glimpse of their quality. Beauty products can be expensive, especially bulk nail polish and beauty supplies in Montreal. Offering the lowest rates in the wholesale beauty market in Canada. It’s proud to be the recipients of the best nail and beauty supplier award. They have been receiving the most votes in this business for three years in a row – 2016, 2017 and 2018!
You and your business are in charge to provide Montreal and the surrounding areas with the latest nail polish colours and trends. That’s right, when it comes to the shades that please your customers’ eyes, you want to get the latest trends and the best quality as soon as they are available. Compromising on quality may adversely affect your nails. Whether your shop is in Montreal Downtown, Griffintown, Mile End, Plaza St Hubert, or Le Village Gai, nail supplies and the beauty industry are booming in those local areas, different nail polishes with conforming features are launched very often. Take a look at these nail salons and SPAs like Médispa Victoria Park, Scandinave Spa Vieux-montréal, Au2 are thriving businesses in that area. In the heart of Old Montreal, at 446 rue Sainte-Hélène, the Art & Beauty Lounge offers prestigious treatments, exclusive products and ultimate professional level of experience.
Very friendly and helpful seller in Montreal Quebec – snapshot 2019 April 2019
One-Stop Supplier For Salon/SPA In Montreal
Nails R Us online store includes brands like CND Shellac, Morgan Taylor, China Glaze, OPI Nail Polish, Essie Gel and Harmony Gelish to name a few. These brands offer a wide range of colours that will complete the salon’s nail colour collection. Right from nudes, metallics and pastels to glitter, neons, and bolds, they provide consumers with a wide variety of colours to choose from for your business. They also supply nail polishes of different types like gel colour nail polishes and colour changing manicure polishes.
I’m going to highlight a few reasons why to shop with them:
- Shop online safely behind cloud-protected and SSL connection.
- They supply Salon/SPA products from the best companies in the beauty industry.
- One of the lowest bulk beauty supply and salon/SPA furniture pricing in Canada.
- Shop over 12,000 products are available in our Mississauga based warehouse.
- More than 90% of our orders arrive within the first week.
We all know every beauty center needs a source for the extensive growing list of tool and accessories for daily use, so keeping the favourite list in mind, they help to supply a wide range of hair and spa products for salons. From all well-reputed brands, they have products for all needs. So for anyone who is looking for nail supply in Montreal, you now know your available options. Share this useful resource with your friends that may be looking for it.
Make sure to attend Salon International de la Femme Noire 2019 – 2e édition. Are you interested? Buy tickets.
You might be interested in the Professional’s Guide for Shopping Canada Nail Supply
Are you looking for Barber supplies too? Click here to learn more about the best hair tools and products supplier in Montreal.
How to apply Material Girl Nail Art (Marilyn Monroe Nail Art)
The Forever Fabulous Nail Polish By Morgan Taylor Required Colors to get the exact nail art in the picture
Material Girl Nail Art Step By Step
After prepping nails, apply a thin coat of STICK WITH IT base coat
- STEP 1 Apply a thin coat of ARCTIC FREEZE onto the entire nail making sure to cap the free edge. Apply a second coat for full coverage.
- STEP 2 Using a MINI STRIPER BRUSH and A KISS FROM MARILYN, paint lips near the cuticle.
- STEP 3 With WISH UPON A STARLET and the Mini Striper Brush, add dimension on the lips.
- STEP 4 Using the Mini Striper Brush and ARCTIC FREEZE, paint additional details on the lips.
- STEP 5 With A Kiss From Marilyn and the Mini Striper Brush, paint a lipstick near the free edge. Using the Mini Striper Brush and ICE OR NO DICE, create the A-shell under the lipstick.
- STEP 6 Using BLACK SHADOW and the Mini Striper Brush, paint the base to complete the lipstick. With the Mini Striper Brush and Arctic Freeze, paint details on the lipstick.
- STEP 7 Using a DOTTING TOOL and BLUE-EYED BEAUTY, add dots around the lips and lipstick. Finish with NEED FOR SPEED top coat.