Esthetique Spa International (ESI) produces the premier spa and esthetic events in North America. The event involves a wide variety of spa industries demonstrating their latest discoveries and inventions in the field of cosmetics. The event is attended by all top cosmetic and spa industry professionals from all corners of the world. The event also provides an immense opportunity to network and expand businesses worldwide and compete with topmost cosmetic industrialists. This event shows products like wedding cosmetics, makeup, free goody bag & much more etc. in the ayurvedic & herbal, cosmetics and beauty products industries.
ESI Trade Show Details
The fair will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Canada. The address is 255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6. Find more information about the Venue Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC).
Date & Timings
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Apr 28) (Business)
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Apr 29) (Business)
- Visitor Ticket Price 45 CAD (Business Online Registration)
Category & Type
- Beauty Trade Show
- Wellness, Health & Fitness Trade Show
ESI Exhibitors List (60 of them are Canadian companies)
- Active Crystal Inc.
- Aesthetic Products
- Aesthetician Supply Ltd.
- ALEXANDRIA PROFESSIONAL LLC
- Alma Lasers
- Amrak Healthcare Inc.
- AncaS Esthetics
- AurielS Touch
- B&N Luxury Skincare
- Beauty Breeze Inc.
- Beauty D.Ca
- Belsana InterL Cosmetics Ltd
- Bio Seaweed Gel Limited
- Bliss Organics
- Butterfly Lash Solutions LLC
- Carolyn Design Uniformes
- Chic & Savvy
- Clarion Medical Technologies Inc
- CLAYTON SHAGAL
- CLE Leasing Enterprise Ltd
- CONTINENTAL COSMETICS & HERBALS CO.
- Cowan Insurance Group
- Cynosure Inc.
- Dannyco Trading () Ltd.
- Dermaspark Products Inc
- Distribution Kathleen
- Dormauri Inc.
- Edva Spa Products
- Fake Bake
- Fernanda’s Beauty & Spa Products
- Fion Beauty Supplies Inc
- Greenlife Inc.
- Hilda Demirjian Laser And Spa Llc
- InSPAration Management
- Inter Cosmetics
- International Beauty Depot
- International Beauty Institute
- KvG Group Inc / Footlogix
- Laboratoires Reynard Inc
- Lash Forever
- Lcn (Eastern Esthetics)
- Les Produits De Sant? Audessa
- Levon Uniform & Textile
- Lightzone Ltd
- Linkas Inc.
- Lycon Inc.
- Medispa Holdings Inc
- Nails R Us
In this article, we are going to discuss the pros and cons of Polygel, and help distinguish the differences between each one. Because let’s face it, sometimes you can feel like a deer in the headlights when it comes to getting your nails done, with the beauty therapist shouting all kinds of words at you when you’ve got no idea what they mean.
What Is Polygel?
Polygel nails are a newcomer to the beauty industry, with many people questioning what makes them so different to the previous two options. Polygel is essentially the lovechild of acrylic and gel, combining both their good qualities but leaving out all the bad stuff (if only you could do that with men, eh.)
Polygel can be applied as an overlay on your natural nails, or as a nail enhancement. It is still cured under a UV light, but it is a lot lighter than both gel and acrylic nails. It also has a much lighter fragrance, which is great for people that like the look of acrylics but can’t stand the smell! In terms of removing Polygel nails, the polish is buffed off rather than soaked off. However, the remaining polish can be soaked after if needed. Polygel is available in a range of colours, but gel polish can also be applied over the top if you fancy something different.
Credits to Entity for simplifying the foundation and benefits of a Polygel supply.
What Are Polygel Benefits
- The pro-hybrid gel that conquers the complexities of hard gel and acrylics in a simple, premixed tube.
- LED/UV formula perfect for overlays and extensions, with an uncomplicated application.
- Doesn’t sacrifice on strength or stability, and no monomer odour or excess dust.
- A unique formula that stays in place, and moves when you need it moved.
- Self-levelling properties that assist effortless application.
What Are Polygel Features
- Be completely in control with this self-levelling system.
- Made for professionals, perfected for beginners.
- Combined benefits of hard gel and acrylic.
- Lightweight formula that is strong.
What Does Polygel Do?
- Dispensing and application are made easy with direct application to the nail from the tube.
- Simply squeeze a small amount on the nail and use the Control Solution to move.
- Light self-levelling properties, Control Gel assists in effortless application.
- Moves and cures on command, so you can play and move.
- Complete with Intense Seal and cure for advised time.
How To Make A Perfect Polygel Application
We believe every nail professional should be able to expand their Polygel services and catering to all clients and nail preferences while growing the salon’s business. Follow these steps in the exact order for outstanding Polygel results on nails.
- The liquid used to sculpt PolyGel is called Slip — the name was inspired by the slip potters use when working with clay. Slip is not a monomer; it has no active ingredients, and unlike acrylic monomer, it has a light, pleasant fragrance. It’s simply used to make the PolyGel easy to shape.
- Unlike hard gel, PolyGel is not self-levelling, but stays where you place it; unlike acrylic, it doesn’t harden until it’s cured in an LED or UV lamp.
- Cure time is about 30 seconds in an LED lamp or two minutes in a UV lamp. PolyGel nails do not experience heat spikes during curing. There is no tacky layer after curing.
- PolyGel is more flexible than acrylic, stronger than hard gel, and lighter than both, according to Gelish.
- The product can be applied as an overlay over natural nails, a tip overlay, or sculpted over a form.
- It’s available in six colours: bright white, natural clear, soft white, soft pink, dark pink, and cover pink.
- Gel-polish colours can be applied over the product, and Gelish can be mixed with PolyGel to create a design.
- Natural nail prep is the same as prep for gel. Nail techs can use an e-file or a hand file to shape the product.
- The product should be filed off, not soaked off. Nail techs can soak to remove the remaining product after filing.
- PolyGel nails can be rebalanced the same way acrylic or gel nails are rebalanced.
Polygel Fall-Off Troubleshooting
Polygel isn’t supposed to fall off it’s actually not supposed to come off without filing it off. The main reasons it could be coming off because not proper prep. If they are popping from the back then it’s probably improper prep or application, if it’s from the free edge might be your nails are just a little too soft.
Comment below if you have any specific questions regarding Golygel.
World’s Top Polygel Manufacturer Brands
The most popular Polygel sold in the beauty wholesale market are Gelish, IBD and Entity. Check below the most recent kits in Canada.
Control Gel is a pro-hybrid that combines the advantages of hard gels and acrylics into four quick-and-easy steps that give you complete control over the application process.
Give your clients a natural-looking extended set using #ibdcontrolgel. Watch the entire tutorial on @ibdbeauty’s IGTV. Control Gel is available at Nails R Us the beauty warehouse distributor in Toronto.
Calling all professional nail technicians! This Gelish PolyGel Enhancement French Kit is the latest and greatest nail enhancement trend that will knock the socks.
STUDIO ONE’S™, monomer-free PolyGel® formula* fuses strong acrylic and hard gel polymers with soft polymers for easy, intuitive application. STUDIO ONE™ will redefine how you do enhancements.
Useful Polygel Resources
Find out what are the main differences between Polygel and Acrylics and find more extensive information about Polygel for nail technicians
OPI will partner with Sanrio this holiday season to celebrate their most iconic little girl, Hello Kitty’s 45th anniversary in late 2019. This collection is sure to be on everyone’s Holiday must-have list. In addition to the new limited edition shades, we will be bringing back ‘Let’s Be Friends!’, for a total of 15 shades. All the more reason everyone is invited to this fabulous birthday party! The original Hello Kitty Collection for OPI launched 3 years ago. The popularity of the collection created so much buzz that markets requested it for a holiday collection.
About the old OPI Hello Kitty
The OPI Hello Kitty 2016 Collection landed on my desk late last week and since then, I haven’t stopped smiling. She’s so cute. She’s so perfect. You want to see it. I know you do. Get yourself a cuppa and let’s scroll through swatches. After the swatches, how about some stick pics? Yeah, you know you love those!
OPI Hello Kitty 2016 is stuffed with crèmes, pinks and shimmery things. It’s also stuffed with divine formulas and that pro-wide brush that I love. Pretty much everything is two simple coats and I’ve eschewed top coat so you can see exactly what’s in the bottles. It’s all so good. When OPI gets it right, boy howdy do they get it right!
The OPI Pro Wide Brush is flat, wide and medium in length. It’s of average stiffness and easily spreads out on the nail when pressed. The only downside to the Pro Wide brush is that it can be too wide for slim fingers or little toes.
Wide range of finishes and pigment levels
- OPI 5 Apples Tall is a bright red creme. It leans a little warm, but I would consider it a pretty true red. The formula has a good, thin flow with decent pigmentation. I was able to see a bit of my free edge through the second coat, so I used three thin coats, but those with a heavier hand may get away with less.
- OPI Charmmy & Sugar is a lavender-laced pink pearlescent shimmer mixed with small multi-coloured hex glitter. The metallic nature of the shimmer base allows the sheer formula to provide decent coverage. I used three coats here, and you can still see my tips on camera, but in person, it’s not as noticeable. The foil- quality makes it pretty reflective. As you can see below, it’s a bit of a chameleon in that the pink shimmer hides indirect light. You see it more at an angle. Also, it’s unique to my collection, with China Glaze Prism and Full Spectrum being the only thing even remotely similar, and they don’t have the same smooth glitter finish.
- OPI Kitty White is a semi-sheer shimmer with the same iridescent quality as Charmmy & Sugar. In the swatch picture, you can’t really see that there are tiny pink and blue specks floating in the sea of icy white. I used three coats here, so pigmentation is lacking. Because the formula is so thin and smooth, I would consider this a layering colour. OPI Girls Love Diamonds is Kitty White’s closest cousin with Diamonds being more pigmented. I would opt for GLD if you want full coverage, Kitty White if you want to layer.
- OPI Let’s Be Friends is a milky, cool baby pink creme. It’s thick with pigment, but I could tell on the first coat that it’s a bit streaky, so I floated a generous bead of polish over the nail to avoid streaks. In spite of that, I still needed three coats to get full coverage. Though with three coats it looks kind of thick on the nail. It looks like a neutral on its own, but next to Zoya Dot and Essie Romper Room you can see how pink it actually is.
- OPI Look at My Bow! is a cool, bubblegum pink. It’s bright, but not neon and the formula is lusciously creamy. It’s a little less pigmented than I would like, so I used three coats here. Milani Color Statement Doll Face is just as saturated, but a little warmer.
- OPI My Pal Joey is a true, primary blue creme. It’s really well-crafted. The formula is silky smooth and pigmented. It’s a joy to apply, delivering full coverage in two thin coats. What I love most is that it’s like NOTHING else in my stash. Zoya Sia is darker, JINsoon Cool Blue is more cobalt and intense. It’s a blue unicorn!
- OPI My Twin Mimmy is a taxi-cab yellow creme. Like most yellows, it is plagued by formula issues. It’s streaky, thick with pigment and lumpy. I used three coats here and it’s still not great, but four coats would have taken forever to dry. Deborah Lippmann Walking on Sunshine and Zoya Darcy are both pretty close to Mimmy, enough that you only need one of the three.
- OPI Never Have Too Many Friends! is a jet black creme. It’s really saturated with pigment, barely needing two coats. In a world where a lot of blacks are sheer on the first coat, this one stands out. That’s what sets it apart from OPI Black Onyx, better coverage.
- OPI Small+Cute=♥ is a rosy pink creme. It falls between Let’s Be Friends and Look at My Bow!in tone, but is definitely on the warm side though I wouldn’t call it peachy. Just more of a soft blush. I had some issues with streaking due to the thicker feel. That meant I needed three coats for full coverage. In comparison, Nubar Cover Girl is more subdued while JINsoon Dolly Pink is cooler.
- OPI Spoken from the Heart is a raspberry creme. Like My Pal Joey, the formula is flawless. Thin, pigmented and so smooth. Two coats = perfection. Because it’s such a warm shade, it doesn’t have any colour twins in my collection. OPI described it as a coral, but I’m not seeing that. Essie Peach Daiquiri is the closest I could find, but Spoken from the Heart is much much better. I’m kind of regretting not using this at my last pedicure. I think it will make anyone look more than if you like that kind of thing (my pasty self does!).
- OPI Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel is a smooth fuchsia glitter mix. It’s a fine full-coverage glitter that looks like crushed gems. I only needed two coats and was happy to find that it doesn’t eat top coat. All of my pink glitters are either too warm or too light, so I’m showing shimmers next to it simply for colour reference. I’d say the colour is a blend of CND Sultry Sunset and Marc Jacobs Oui.
- OPI Super Cute in Pink is a Barney purple creme in that it leans pink. Some might call it pink on its own, but next to all the other colours it really screams purple. Like the other darker cremes in this collection, the formula has great flow and delivers on coverage, becoming opaque with two coats. While I don’t have an exact match for this one, I feel like there are a lot of close calls for this shade. Formula X Gemini isn’t far off, just more pink.
- OPI Say Hello Kitty is a special-edition colour that is only sold as part of a kit with Swarovski crystal bow accents. It is a hot magenta flecked shimmer. The bottle shows that some of the particles have a golden tint, but it doesn’t really show up on the nail, except to add a hint of warmth. The formula has a squishy texture that requires a thinner application to avoid lumps or pulling the polish at the tips. It’s a bit on the sheer side, to suspend the shimmer, so I used three coats. Compared to OPI Ladies & Magenta-men, Say Hello Kitty is more sparkly and lighter.
OPI Hello Kitty was a total surprise for me. Being a sucker for sparkle and collector packaging, Say Hello Kitty is a winner. And the uniqueness of Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel and Spoken from the Heart with their top-notch formulas make them stand-outs. My Pal Joey is a no-brainer. It just makes me happy, to apply and wear. Charmmy & Sugar is intriguing, but a bit too cloying for me. It feels well-suited to a younger audience. Now that we know a new collection coming up in late 2019, what do you expect? Comment below 🙂
Are you Looking for a Job Opportunity in the Beauty Industry?
Find Job Opportunities with Sally Beauty, they are always looking for people-loving beauty enthusiasts!
Sally is committed to the idea that beauty is for everyone. We’re looking for enthusiastic, creative team members to share our message—and share their true love for beauty! We value unique voices, diversity, and strong team players. We offer extensive training, competitive pay, employee discounts, and the opportunity to share in all things beauty! Take advantage of our flexible work schedules and awesome opportunities for growth. We look forward to learning more about you!
DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Looking for a quick way to get certified?
Enroll at Nails R Us Nails And Beauty Education Classes. Learning as a process is never-ending. With new information, discoveries and innovations flooding the market space every day, learning and adoption of more modern techniques is always ongoing. If you are in the business of beauty and have a tinkering towards further nail education, you have the right attitude. In the beauty industry there is never a limit to how much one can learn, not only are there numerous skill and techniques to master but the industry is continuously seeing improvements, upgrades and changes in the market. Keep yourself updated with today’s trends, products and technologies when you attend education courses taught by highly qualified instructors.
HAIRSTYLING & ESTHETICS EDUCATION CLASSES
Modern College of Hairstyling & Esthetics is a Registered Private Career College and has been educating in the beauty industry since 1955. Hairstyling & Esthetics are both rewarding and challenging professions. We believe that beauty is more than skin deep, and by affecting a person’s outward appearance the effects can be felt on a deeper level.
Our College provides a hands-on learning experience. We provide all the linens and supplies needed for your program. The emphasis is on the students participating in their learning process with clinics that simulate salons and spas to maximize their successful transition to employment in the industry.
34 Commerce Crescent North Bay, ON P1B 8G4 Tel.: 705.474.1490 | Fax.: 705.671.9001
Suite 110, 66 Elm St. Sudbury, ON P3C 1R8 Tel.: 705.222.0287 | Fax.: 705.671.9001
Suite 218, 400 Bayfield St Barrie, ON L4M 5A1 Tel.: 705.393.0287 | Fax.: 705.671.9001
Cloré Beauty Supply is a chain of retail beauty supply stores that was established in 2012 when the company was rebranded as Cloré Beauty Supply. We completely changed our look to better cater to today’s modern woman while paying homage to the earliest known user of hair extensions, Queen Cleopatra, with the new name “Cloré” (pronounced [kloh-rey]).
As a Junior Cloré Beauty Advisor, you will be assisting customers in finding the products that best suit their needs. Your job is to create a superb shopping experience for customers by utilizing your knowledge and skills, and to consult/advise/suggest products, techniques, and regimes in maintaining mainly hair extensions and natural hair, but also in hair care, skin care, cosmetics & makeup, and jewelry & fashion. You will also participate in regular cleaning to help maintain the organization and cleanliness of your work environment.
As a Cloré Hairstylist, you will be providing customers with chemical and styling services that best suit their needs. Your job is to create a superb hair experience for customers by utilizing your knowledge and skills and to consult/advise/suggest products, techniques, and regimes in maintaining mainly hair extensions and natural hair. Since our salon runs alongside the wholesale beauty supply
, you are required to keep yourself updated and at times assist your clients with the latest products and hair extension in the market. You will also participate in regular cleaning to help maintain the organization and cleanliness of the salon.
Nail, Hair and Beauty Tutorials & How To
Swan Beauty offers all the tutorials aesthetic might need in one place – click on the word “Playlist” on the top left corner of the video below to pick your choice of tutorials.
Are you a salon owner or professional aesthetics who have interest in the following:
- Nail Supply Fair
- Find out more about salon/spa brands
- Salon supplies Exhibition
- Beauty products trade show
- Cosmetic Product Showcase
Then you should never miss Toronto Esthétique Spa International Conference is
ESI is Canada’s largest Nail Supply and SPA Trade Show. Includes thousands of make-up artists, vendors, manufacturers, and enthusiasts who present and discover the greatest of beauty industry has come to nowadays. Visitors can learn new techniques and explore the world’s latest products, engage in education workshops, and demonstrations and obtain information on nails, beauty and spa trends. Click here to learn more
Incepted in 2015, Swan Beauty focuses on the sale of hair, beauty and nail care products. By selling only the best quality of products, Swan Beauty has created for itself an established identity in the market. It excels with every new range of products that it launches. Proud to say, We supply our customers with the world’s top hair and beauty supply brands. We mainly supply for the global luxury brands like CND, OPI, Gelish, BabylissPro, Avanti Hair Tools, JB Lashes, IBX, Sorme Cosmetic, Billion Dollar Brows, Gehwol and many other quality brand names at excellent prices.
Beauty standards and expectations in the world are continuously evolving. With new beauty products being launched ever so often, Swan Beauty aims at supplying the best of them at affordable prices. Swan Beauty wishes to revolutionize the beauty industry.
Range Of Beauty Products
Swan Beauty offers customers an extensive range of supremely high qualified products in the hair, beauty and nail care segment. The expertise of the Swan Beauty team ensures that all the available products are useful and meet all expected standards. With an ever-growing portfolio of products, Swan Beauty has a product that meets every feature, property and price requirement of the customer. The company is always on the lookout to expand the product line by surpassing barriers to offer customers with trendsetting results.
Quality Of Service
At Swan Beauty, quality is everything. The company takes great pride in offering customers a wide range of top-tier quality hair, beauty and nail care products. When luxury and supreme quality come together, the resulting product is nothing short of an experience par excellence. Professionals in the field using Swan Beauty products are sure to stand out in the competition, just like a Swan from amongst a gaggle of geese.
Supply Service Critical Element
The housing of Swan Beauty products in any professional setting will enhance the growth of the hair, beauty or nail service business. Built on the foundation of supplying essential high-quality products at best prices, Swan Beauty has integrated within itself an ever-growing reputation.
Make Swan Beauty your one-stop product destination and let our expertise help you solve all your hair, beauty and nail care-related problems.
At Swan Beauty, satisfying customers with high quality, effective and affordable products, is the main aim. The Swan Beauty team understands that every professional in the field wants to succeed, and Swan Beauty wants to be a part of this success. Therefore, the highly motivated Swan Beauty team has the capacity to share dreams of success. They make sure to provide their customers with a satisfying experience par excellence.
Canada Wide Shipping
Swan Beauty products are easily delivered to salons, parlours and nail spas across Canada. Professional hair, beauty, and nail care experts also house Swan Beauty products. Swan Beauty has often been regarded, flaunted and appreciated by industry experts for the quality of products. They offer products that are high in quality and effectiveness. Also, the customer service provided here is commendable. Over the years, Swan Beauty team has established a definite set of operational processes. These ensure a well-stocked inventory and well-paced deliveries to customers.
Swan Beauty’s Mission
Our aim is to become one of Canada’s favourite online beauty supplier by offering a wide range of professional products for everyone in Canada and the USA. To help us achieve this goal, we have collaborated with other wholesale suppliers across Canada and the USA to gain a larger number of products which we fully stock in our warehouse. Also to help offer our customers competitive pricing, we have opted not to have a physical storefront. Thus this saves us on renovation cost, hiring a sales team, extra management, extra rental space, etc. We bring our customers these saving and also help lessen everyone’s stressed work day with the flexibility of restocking supplies 24/7 in comfort.
This doesn’t only give shopping flexibility… but also we try our best to give you the support you need for products and techniques whenever required!
Great Online Shopping Experience
Swan Beauty Supply site is very highly secure. We use industry-leading technology to keep your information safe.
Industry-Leading e-Commerce Technology Security Features
- We secured Swan Beauty Supply to automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to ours using SSL 3.0, the highest level commercially available.
- Before you even register or log in to the Swan Beauty site, our server checks that you’re using an approved browser.
- When personal information reaches our website, it resides on a server that is heavily guarded both physically and electronically.
- Swan Beauty Supply servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are not directly connected to the internet, so your private information is available only to authorized computers.
- swanbeauty.ca is acquired with Pro Website security cloud service to ensure high-speed and smooth browsing and checkout process.